An agile board created for each JIRA project - possible to disable?

Prem Mariappan December 2, 2013

Hi,

As our small development team work on multiple small projects at any one time, it is advantageous to view multiple 'projects' in a single agile board, rather than in separate boards.

We've recently migrated to OnDemand JIRA Agile from an older 'Download' instance. One change I've noticed is that a new agile board is created for each 'project'. Whilst it's not a big problem in any way to leave these agile boards, I'd like to keep things clean and leave only the necessary boards. Is there a way of disabling the automatic creation of per project agile boards? Or do I have to manually delete them if I want to keep the boards list sparse?

Thanks.
Prem.

1 answer

0 votes
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

Short answer: No/depends

I suppose when you create a new project, that you use the a "Agile Scrum" project of sorts. This will create both a project and a scrum board for you and setup the issue types to something useful for that kind of project.

It is very convenient that way. If you however don't need all those boards you can just dele them. Scrum boards are just "windows" into the project. Alternatively you can create a "JIRA Classic" project which I believe is Jira only. Then you can start modifying it from there. I think just deliting the unneeded boards is faster though.

Unless you create hundreds of projects I am guessing this is not a major chore anyway.

Regards,

Kim

Suggest an answer