An Error is returned when I click "Agile"

IST Developer May 2, 2013

JIRA Support:

I recently upgraded plugins and browser. THis occurs in IE10 only - works in Chrome and FireFox.

For my system there are no further updates available (everything is up to date)

In Jira I click on "Agile" and get an error message: ("please try refreshing the page ...") resource:

• download/contextbatch/js/gh-rapid/batch.js

I applied a new universal plugins update that came in today, and now there are no items in the drop down list for Agile. Rather there is a message "The JIRA server could not be contacted...)

I tried disabling feedback to no avail.

Suggestions?

Jira Agile Issue

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

OK, I "fixed" it. It now works in IE10 (not my choice, it was automatically upgraded when I wasn't looking) AND in FF and Chrome.

The problem may have been related to the sample Scrum project I created using the options available (with sample data). I deleted the project. I restarted the server. It now works. Note that it could have been the server restart as well - did not test between the two activities.

Thanks again for your rapid response and support!

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Don't use IE10? IE10 is not supported anyways (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms).

It also is not fully functional in Chrome and Firefox. Note the drop down list of available options from the "Agile" menu option - only shows one board, the most recent I opened, I guess, right after flashing an error that goes away.

Should I start deleting some projects like the sample project?

Chrome Screen Shot:Chrome Screen Shot

First let me say I am impressed with the quick response. I never expected almost interactive responses!

Not sure – this is from catalina.log (let me know if you need more):
May 2, 2013 4:25:20 PM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException
SEVERE: Internal server error
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
	at $Proxy1747.getRapidView(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.getRecentViews(RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.java:77)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.getRecentViews(RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.java:53)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.navigation.RapidViewHistoryLinkFactory.getLinks(RapidViewHistoryLinkFactory.java:56)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.DefaultSimpleLinkManager.getLinks(DefaultSimpleLinkManager.java:161)

This is from jira stderr log:
May 2, 2013 4:25:20 PM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException
SEVERE: Internal server error
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
	at $Proxy1747.getRapidView(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.getRecentViews(RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.java:77)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.getRecentViews(RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.java:53)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.navigation.RapidViewHistoryLinkFactory.getLinks(RapidViewHistoryLinkFactory.java:56)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.DefaultSimpleLinkManager.getLinks(DefaultSimpleLinkManager.java:161)

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

So, for Chrome, is it a Javascript error? Or is it a Java error? What does the log file say?

Suggest an answer