An Error is returned when I click "Agile"

JIRA Support:

I recently upgraded plugins and browser. THis occurs in IE10 only - works in Chrome and FireFox.

For my system there are no further updates available (everything is up to date)

In Jira I click on "Agile" and get an error message: ("please try refreshing the page ...") resource:

• download/contextbatch/js/gh-rapid/batch.js

I applied a new universal plugins update that came in today, and now there are no items in the drop down list for Agile. Rather there is a message "The JIRA server could not be contacted...)

I tried disabling feedback to no avail.

Suggestions?

Jira Agile Issue

2 answers

1 accepted

OK, I "fixed" it. It now works in IE10 (not my choice, it was automatically upgraded when I wasn't looking) AND in FF and Chrome.

The problem may have been related to the sample Scrum project I created using the options available (with sample data). I deleted the project. I restarted the server. It now works. Note that it could have been the server restart as well - did not test between the two activities.

Thanks again for your rapid response and support!

1 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion May 02, 2013

Don't use IE10? IE10 is not supported anyways (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms).

It also is not fully functional in Chrome and Firefox. Note the drop down list of available options from the "Agile" menu option - only shows one board, the most recent I opened, I guess, right after flashing an error that goes away.

Should I start deleting some projects like the sample project?

Chrome Screen Shot:Chrome Screen Shot

First let me say I am impressed with the quick response. I never expected almost interactive responses!

Not sure – this is from catalina.log (let me know if you need more):
May 2, 2013 4:25:20 PM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException
SEVERE: Internal server error
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
	at $Proxy1747.getRapidView(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.getRecentViews(RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.java:77)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.getRecentViews(RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.java:53)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.navigation.RapidViewHistoryLinkFactory.getLinks(RapidViewHistoryLinkFactory.java:56)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.DefaultSimpleLinkManager.getLinks(DefaultSimpleLinkManager.java:161)

This is from jira stderr log:
May 2, 2013 4:25:20 PM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException
SEVERE: Internal server error
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
	at $Proxy1747.getRapidView(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.getRecentViews(RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.java:77)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.getRecentViews(RapidViewHistoryServiceImpl.java:53)
	at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.navigation.RapidViewHistoryLinkFactory.getLinks(RapidViewHistoryLinkFactory.java:56)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.DefaultSimpleLinkManager.getLinks(DefaultSimpleLinkManager.java:161)

Timothy Chin Community Champion May 02, 2013

So, for Chrome, is it a Javascript error? Or is it a Java error? What does the log file say?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

12,261 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you