Am I as an admin able to move Tasks between the columns on the SCRUM board or can only the assignee do this?

Peter Hallas November 12, 2012

I am a project Admin using Greenhopper. We want to use the SCRUM board in our daily meeting. Not all users can access it to update tasks.

Am I as an admin able to move Tasks between the columns on the SCRUM board or can only the assignee do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2012

It's quite likely that the workflow in the project is preventing some of the movement - you'll need to look at the workflows to establish what transitions are protected by what conditions. "Be the assignee" is one of them, but it's quite likely that you'll find others like "must be in the developers role" or "must be in the users role"

Peter Hallas November 13, 2012
Great thanks Nic. I was using the default workflow so edited it in the administration area which takes a copy of the existing one as a draft and altered the conditions on the transition. Published the workflow which applied it to my project. If anyone needs the exact steps please advise.
0 votes
Doug Lightfoot February 1, 2013

yes, I'd like to know the precise steps, can you point me to documentation

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

Suggest an answer