Allowing group to only see issues with a given label

Emmanuel Jaep July 15, 2015

We are trying to setup JIRA to work with one of our suppliers. As our instance also contains issues and items that should not be visible to this supplier, I was wondering if someone could give me a hint on how to restrict access based on a label (or on any custom field if more appropriate).

We would like this supplier to be able to work only on issues with a given label.

I believe I should work with Issue-Level Security but I don't really know how to implement that. Any hint will be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2015

Hi Emmanuel,

You can create different projects and grant access only to the users who should see it (Managing Project Permissions). 

If you have one project who should be accessed by all users but you want to restrict access to the issues then you may use Issue-level Security.

If the issue has a security then only the users on this level will be able to see it, if the issue doesn't have security then all users will be able to see it.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Emmanuel Jaep July 16, 2015

Hi Paula, thanks for your answer! I followed the steps described in: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Managing+Project+Permissions Unfortunately, when a user belonging to the group / role I did setup, there's nothing on the screen. He does not see the project he has access to. Do you have any idea? Cheers, Emmanuel

Suggest an answer