Allow to search in Jira issue history with field "key" and "project"

Gerrit Berberich December 7, 2022

There seem to be a possibility to search in history of a jira issue.

concrete: I want to create a query which shows me when an issue was moved by e.g. checking when the issue "key" was changed from a specific jira project key to another one (e.g. when moving an issue from one project to another).

Alternatively searching in history of field "project" (when changed) would give the same result.

image.png

JQL says to me that:

• History searches do not support the 'project' / 'key' field:

image.png

Do you have any ideas?

Basically I want to create a subscription based on a filter which identifies "new" issues MOVED to my project in the last hour.

Unfortunately the TimeStamp (creation date) is the timestamp of the issue when it was created in another project even it gets a new key after moving to my project. Also "updated" timestamp I cannot use as Updates happen frequently and I just want to know what is new in our backlog.

Thanks,

Gerrit

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Gerrit Berberich ,

there is not a JQL that will find issues that were moved. However, one option is to use the notification for moved issues. You could have that set up to send you an email with any issue is moved. Obviously, this will only work going forward, not historic moved issues.

Gerrit Berberich December 7, 2022

Dear @Jack Brickey , thanks for your quick reply. Your idea sound good. Can you please provide me such a code sample for "(new) moved issues"? Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

there is no code or anything. Do the following...

1. Go to Project settings
  2. Select Notifications 
  3. Find Moved issues and ensure you are in a role (or add yourself as a single user) that would receive notifications when an issue is moved
  4. Have someone test with you by moving an issue. Do this since you won't receive notifications for events you create, unless otherwise configured.

Let me know if this works for you.

Like Gerrit Berberich likes this

Suggest an answer