Allow a client to view project stories Read and edit access

Trena Norcia January 17, 2022

I need to allow a external party access to one project with ability to read and edit stories only for one project.  Can someone help me with the steps for this?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

if you wish to restrict to a single issue type within a project you will need to leverage Issue how many albums yeahSecurity as well as the project permissions.

I would recommend you familiarize yourself with the following documentation:

how-do-jira-permissions-work 

configuring-issue-level-security 

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Trena Norcia - Here are the main things to look for:

1. Make sure that your existing projects are appropriately locked down for browse project permission across all relevant permission schemes
  2. On the project you want to open up, I'd recommend a custom permission scheme where you grant them browse project and edit issue permissions.  You have a few options (in order by most recommended to least recommended approach):
    1. Add relevant users to an AD group and add that group to the permission scheme
    2. Add users to the project role that has browse project and edit issue permission
    3. Add users individually to the permission scheme
Trena Norcia January 17, 2022

Thank you for a quick reply - This is for 
one project only
one issue type = stories
only comment ability

is that possible

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2022

Hi @Trena Norcia

Same applies except for step 2 will be granting browse project and add comments.  Depending upon your needs, you may also want to provide edit own comments and delete own comments in that permission scheme.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events