All tickets crossed out in greenhopper

darren_gibbons July 30, 2013

I recently created a Greenhopper Scrum board for an existing Jira project.

When I switch to plan mode, every single ticket is showing crossed out in the Backlog list. The tickets are open, and the resolution status is set to "Unresolved".

Any ideas why this would happen?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2013

When you say "resolution status", I suspect you mean "Resolution". Resolution and Status are VERY different things in Jira and for clarity, please don't use them together.

Anyway, if my guess that you mean "Resolution" is correct, then I suspect

1. You've got a workflow that sets the resolution

2. Someone has added a resolution called "Unresolved" to the list of resolutions. Check by going to Admin -> Resolutions.

If they have added it, then you MUST remove it as soon as possible, because it's utterly wrong, broken and it's lying to you.

Thanks Nic - this was exactly the issue. I had missed it since I assumed "Unresolved" meant "NULL" (effectively) when it actually was an issue status.

I cleared the resolution on all the issues bulk change and a workflow step that set the resolution to None (is it just me or is this more painful than it should be?) and then deleted the "Unresolved" resolution that was "helpfully" created by someone else.

Everything displays correctly now.

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2013

Have you checked your column configuration of your board. Check to see what status is considered "Done". There should be a count of the issues in each status of the mapped and unmapped statuses that can help you out.

I've checked this, and Resolved+Closed are set as "Done". Open/Reopened is set as "To do", and there are 226 tickets set as Open. So I don't think this is the issue.

Suggest an answer