All sprints visible in the Sprint field

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

We recently added Jira Agile to our existing Jira standalone instance. It is pretty large, having over 300 projects in it. Since Agile adds the Epic and Sprint fields to every screen, I have noticed that for existing projects, the Sprint Field dropdown shows basically every sprint that is going on in Jira. When I look at new projects (specifically created through the agile tool), this is not the case. Is there any explanation why these dropdown options show up on some projects and not the others? Is there a way to change this (besides removing the sprint field from 500+ screens)?

1 answer

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

You shouldn't create a specific Agile Project - never - this just generates unnecessary screens and so on.
You could check the projects used in the boards - if they are listed they should get all sprints there.

Hope I got you right.

Greets
Simon 

Suggest an answer