Agile reporting across multiple Jira Projects

Lior Zadok December 8, 2014

Hi, 

I have few agile development teams that work on tasks for many biz projects (Many to Many). So every dev team have it own JIRA Project for the backlog.

It is possible to generate and agile report (like release burndown for example) that span across few JIRA Projects.

So for a particular biz effort we used a label (tag) for all the JIRA Stories/task , we would want to pull the burndown chart from JIRA projects A, B and C.

Thanks ,

Lior

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2014

You just need to include all your issues in the board filter.

Lior Zadok December 8, 2014

Can you provide steps to create that report. On our JIRA intance when I navigate to an Agile board and select the Report tab I don't see an option to specify which issues are included in the report.

Lior

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2014

The reports report on the issues included in the board. There's no "specifiy issues" because it reports on the board.

Graham Paul August 19, 2015

How does this answer the question?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2015

The question is simple: I want a chart that shows data from several projects. The answer is that a chart reports on a board, so if you want a chart telling you about several projects, include them in the board.

I get that, but I cannot get the report blueprint to accept a single JQL statement to include all projects. Thus, project = 'IIA' works fine. But I was only able to add additional projects to the report blueprint by using the JIRA/Issue filter from the Insert drop-down. And try as I might I cannot find the JQL syntax for All Projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2015

I'm sorry, but that makes little sense. What do you mean by "report blueprint"? JIRA doesn't have those. It sounds like you are actually working in Confluence, and this question has nothing to do with Confluence, so you're asking in the wrong place. As for the JQL syntax for "all projects", I'll say it's not obvious, but it is simple. It's "". Or nothing. The point is to select "everything", so if you enter a query with no clauses to limit it, you get the lot.

Thanks for that. Tried it but I still cannot get a report to solve a very simple problem; give me a report that shows all projects. And yes, I'm in Confluence trying to get a JIRA issues report for all my projects using what I believe is called a blueprint. I'll keep thrashing away at it. The answer has to be in there somewhere.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2015

JIRA doesn't have, or expose "all projects", it works with *issues*. So start there - does a filter for <nothing> return all the issues in JIRA? Can you use it in a "filter statistics" dashboard gadget to summarise the number of issues by project? Once you have that working, move into Confluence. Blueprints in Confluence are page/space creation wizards, not reporting functions, so I'm not sure why you're looking at those, but we can come back to that. Fire up a plain page and try the JIRA macros to see your filter - does that work?

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

project -> backlog -> board

Therefore, those kind of reports can easily made with SQL for JIRA (2.0+) as it supports the JIRA Software (Agile) REST API and it is possible to get the all the issues for any Agile board, backlog or even individual sprints and join the rest of the JIRA data like Story points, worklogs etc.

Furthermore, with the power of the SQL language you are able to filter and aggregate data in a really flexible and powerful way.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer