Agile removed itself. Cant reinstall due to "must verify email" message when I have done so

Ben Rhys-Lewis September 10, 2015

So we have been trialling JIRA with Agile, confluence, Fisheye and crucible for a few days. Going well and mostly liking the software. Logged in today to check some other queries management had to find no Kanban board. Tried creating new kanban project and asks me to install JIRA Agile! So I tried doing so and it wont let me login in the popup (which you cant click out of and has no close button) it says I must verify email. Ive done it lots of times. 

Any ideas on whats happening? Not a good sign for something we might be sinking a lot of money into.

EDIT:

I also need to keep logging in all the time to give administrative access. It says at the top of the screen: You have temporary access to administrative functions. Drop access if you no longer require it. For more information, refer to the documentation. But I only have one user and that is me, I am in all groups and have all the top level permissions. So No idea why I must confirm everything i do.

And why can I only ask one question or comment in 24 hours!! Ridiculous system

EDIT 2 because i cant comment on Nicks question (lol)
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]
Server. No 4 days in. I managed to get it to update in the manage add-on section (it was greyed out) and kanban boards are back. No idea why the verify thing though. And the constant sign ins are annoying. Presumably thats a trial only "feature". 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2015

Is this Cloud or Server?  Have you come to the end of the trial period?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2015

Sorry I missed the responses earlier, it got lost in the spam and loss of email service I think. Anyway: >Server. Ta. That implies that you've got an Atlassian account to maintain licences, and Atlassian think there's something wrong with it. I'm not familiar with the internals of that system at all - I've had one "verify email" when I set mine up, and then not again. I'd ping that one over to Atlassian support for them to have a proper look at. >You have temporary access to administrative functions. Drop access if you no longer require it. For more information, refer to the documentation. But I only have one user and that is me, I am in all groups and have all the top level permissions. So No idea why I must confirm everything i do. This is a security feature - the idea is that you take elevated priviliges for a short time in order to do some admin work, and the rights should expire after a while in case you've wandered away from the computer and someone else picks up the admin rights. I'm not sure of the default setting, but it feels like it lasts 15 minutes (after you leave an admin screen, not since you entered the password). >I managed to get it to update in the manage add-on section Excellent! The only reasons for it being greyed out that I know of are that it's crashed (restart JIRA and then look at the logs if it crashes again) or you have a version that is not valid for your version of JIRA. >And why can I only ask one question or comment in 24 hours!! Ridiculous system It's a public system with a Spam problem. In order to reduce the usefulness of spam accounts, multiple postings by new (i.e. untrusted) users are heavily restricted. If you contribute enough (without being spammy), your Karma rises and restrictions gradually lift. Actually, most of the restrictions vanish quite quickly - a couple of questions, a few comments, or a couple of up-votes will do the trick. There are some higher levels than "you're definitely not a spammer". Killing off spam accounts is a bit of a game according to @Sam Caldwell and because Atlassian are "a T-shirt company that sometimes does software", there's some loot available too.

Suggest an answer