Agile board links to invalid commits (after git rebase)

daniel.ly October 19, 2013

I did a git rebase on pushed history of a repository. This repository is linked to a JIRA project. I know it's a bad idea to rebase pushed history. However I wanted to experience myself why exactly it's a bad idea. And now I have this problem. Don't say: "I told you so!"... :-)

A task shows two invalid commits in the Agile board. That's because these commits have been squashed and don't exist anymore. When I click on the link "View full commit", I land on a 404 page on Bitbucket.

How can I remove these commits from the Agile board or refresh the history?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2013

To fix this, you'll need to completely remove the Bitbucket account from JIRA, wait a little while for the database to clear out all the related data, then re-add Bitbucket. When you re-add, it will do a fresh search of the repository and add the commits as they stand now. Your smart-commits will not be reprocessed. This may take a long time if you have numerous or a very large repository.

daniel.ly October 20, 2013

Thanks. That's what I thought, too.

What do you mean with «Your smart-commits will not be reprocessed.»? What are smart-commits?

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2013

Smart commits enable your team to transition issues with commit messages. For more, check out this doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Enabling+DVCS+smart+commits.

Suggest an answer