Agile board detail view, how to change display order for custom field

JNothbauer November 25, 2013

Hello all,

I just added a new custom field to my projects, called "acceptance criteria", it is valid for ossues of type "Story". Now I want to configure Jira Agile to show my custom field on the issue detail view of my boards. I succesfully added the field, but I would like to see it right below (next to) the "Description" field.

I tried to move it using the configuration page, but no success.

Any input appreciated,

Thanks

Nothi

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

The only thing you can do is to drag & drop it to the top of the "General Fields" section in your board configuration.

That way the field is being displayed right at the top of your "Details" section when you view your issue on a board... Out of the box you won't get a custom field to show up at the very top (above the Details section)

Hi Christian,

Actually I would like the field to show up right before the "Description" field, after "Issue Links". The goal is to split the description into "summary" and "acceptance criteria"

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

As I said, this is not possible out of the box. You'd probably have to modify core code (or somehow append the field with JS etc.).

Thanks for the clarification, marked as answer.

Cheers,

Nothi

0 votes
Ikwak Singh April 22, 2014

Johann,

Can you please share how you were able to move the fields around?

Ikwak

JNothbauer April 22, 2014

Hello Ikwak,

I chose 'Configure' in the board menu, then clicked on 'Issue detail view". This will list all the fields shown in the detail view. Now you can grab and drag the fields around, this will change the order.

Cheers,

Johann

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2013

Hi Johann,

Which version of Jira Agile are you using?

Normally you should be able to simply drag and drop the fields into another order (in the Issue Detail View on your configuration page). Just select the rectangle made out of dots in front of your field name and drag your field up or down.

Be awara that you can't place multiple fields next to eachother.

Best regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

I found out how to move the fields around inside the order, unfortunately I can not move the field below "Issue Links" to appear right before "Description".

Cheers,

Johann

Ikwak Singh April 22, 2014

Johann,

Can you please share how you were able to move the fields around?

Suggest an answer