Agile User Story map suddenly not available anymore

Minddistrict June 30, 2014

Hello there,

We have acquired a yearly licence for the Agile User Story Map, but suddenly this add-on is not available anymore on our account.

What happened? Can we have the user story map back on our Jira On Demand account?

Rgds

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Hi all,

we had a server change in the last days, which could cause a vanishing of the add on at certain instances. Please try to reinstall the add on and it should appear again.

We would kindly like to apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Florian

1 vote
Brandon Shuey June 30, 2014

Same issue for me. I posted a message with the vendor.

0 votes
Jeremiah Myers June 30, 2014

Same issue is happening to me. Addon management does not list the addon.

I can not re-install. I receive an error message: The add-on host returned HTTP response code 404 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor.

I'll open a ticket with OnDemand to investigate why the addon disappeared.

Atlassian Response: Good afternoon Jeremiah;

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support. In this case, I would suggest you get in touch with the add-once developer, but it looks like you've already been to their add-on's support page, and seen the other related issue pertaining to what you are experiencing. I'm actually the Support Engineer currently assigned to the other case mentioned in that Atlassian Answers help page. Agile User Story is a third-party add-on, it's hosted and supported by its vendor - it's running on a separate server linked to OnDemand, but independent from it. You'd therefore still want to contact bauer.it.consulting (Atlassian Answers questions/help page) with regard to this error so you will be updated on any help or fixes they give to you. If you leave a comment with what's going on with your instance, you will automatically be updated via email when a new post appears. As I do understand the AA page isn't that helpful of a resource with this issue yet; I am also trying to work with internal support folks at Atlassian to try and resolve this problem as quickly as possible. I will keep you posted on anything that changes and give you an update this afternoon at the very least. Please contact me for anything else I can do to assist or any other questions you might have.

-Michael Thai | OnDemand Support Engineer
Atlassian

My ticket to OnDemand:

Description

I installed Agile User Story Map and used it successfully for about a week and a half. On Friday I accessed the system and could not see the Story Map option any longer. Is there anyway to restore the addon?

There is an active thread on the addin support... some else has the same issue:https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/311299/agile-user-story-map-suddenly-not-available-anymore?page=1#311496

The addon is not listed in my addon managements list, and I can not install it. If I try to install it now I receive an error regarding Addon Server Can not be contacted.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2014

You probably need to take this up with OnDemand support (We're end users, like yourself, we have no access to OnDemand systems)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2014

I think you mean that you read the first link on the list of support options and came here. Yes, Answers is the first option listed, but it is NOT support.

You need to look at the rest of the support options - you need a system admin to investigate this issue, and that can only be done by support people.

Funny On Demand pointed us to this.

No, I mean that I have created a support ticket at On Demand and their answer is that they cannot solve it, because it's an add-on, and that I should try Atlassian Answers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2014

Um.

I doubt that's what they've said to you, because it's completely wrong. If an addon has gone missing from a system, you need to talk to the system administrators to find out why. For OnDemand systems, that's OnDemand support. Again, we've got no access to your systems to look into what's happened. Maybe they've misunderstood, or there are missing details?

Could you give us the full text of their response? (And what you originally said to them too?)

Suggest an answer