Agile Simplified Workflow unavailable

Claudio Medina April 18, 2014

Hello,
I'm pretty sure that my project meet all the criteria to bne able to switch a board simplified workflow:

• There is only one project being viewed by your board (to check this, look at the board's filter); and
  • That project uses a JIRA workflow scheme which only has one workflow for all issue types; and
  • Your workflow only uses Post Functions, Validators, and Conditions which are provided by Atlassian (not any which are provided by add-ons); and
  • You have the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission; and
  • The existing workflow has at least one outgoing transition for each status; and
  • You are using JIRA version 5.0.4 or later (please see Supported Platforms).

Still, I Keep getting the "Agile Simplified Workflow unavailable". I don't know what else to check.
Ideas?

4 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Anna Cardino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2014

Hello Claudio,

Based on the description that you've mentioned, it looks like you're running into a bug, though a fairly minor one.

Basically, one of the requirements is "That project uses a JIRA workflow scheme which only has one workflow for all issue types". The bug is that this "assumes" that you didn't individually assign the same workflow to all issue types.

So in this case, to fix this, you'll want to basically:

* Edit the Workflow Scheme

* Remove all the assigned Issue Types (that is, click the "x" next to each issue type)

* Do this for all issue types, leave just "All Unassigned Issue Types"

* Click Publish

This is a bug, as JIRA should be able to respect your original setup. For you reference, please see GHS-8720.

Hope I was able to help you.

Regards,

Monique

André van der Zijden May 20, 2014

It would be good if this workaround was attached on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Using+JIRA+Agile+Simplified+Workflow?src=search#UsingJIRAAgileSimplifiedWorkflow-whyNot.

I just spend an hour going through all criteria, being lost and frustrated because of this issue which I could not have known was blocking this.

Luca Candela December 26, 2014

I agree. The documentation is lacking. And besides, there should be some kind of diagnostic tool to help with this, it's terribly aggravating to poke in the dark like the current system requires you to do.

ken April 20, 2015

Good job u can use the default jira workflow

Arjan van Bentem August 31, 2016

August 2016, still a problem... sad

Peter May 14, 2018

Still occurs in JIRA 7.9.0.

How about adding a reference to the corresponding documentation page?

Nigel May 4, 2020

2020 v8.blah and it is still a bug. 

Like # people like this
1 vote
Veracode February 8, 2015

We were seeing this problem today.  

The problem was that the project had been re-named, and the Filter was incorrect.  We fixed the filter, and we were able to assign the simplified workflow.

0 votes
allie ruby March 25, 2021

2021 and I still want to jab my eyes out with very pointy sticks. I agree with the need for better documentation!

0 votes
Mathieu Desmarais February 13, 2015

Thanks Veracode NOC, I faced the same issue and your pointer helped to solve it.

Suggest an answer