Agile Simplified Workflow & Time Tracking

Carlos Henriques June 9, 2015

Hi.

When I create a new project and select the project type "Agile Software Development - Scrum", I get a project using the Agile Simplified Workflow.

The problem is that JIRA also creates a new Screen Scheme and does not include the time tracking field by default. So, everytime someone needs to create a project I need to edit the screen schemes and add the time tracking field.

Is there a way to set this for every new project that is created? I want it to use the default screen scheme or a custom one, and not a default that it creates every time.

Is there something like a global behavior configuration?

It would be great if I could also set the time tracking on and based on the original estimate for all the Agile boards.

Thanks in advance smile

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Not to directly contradict the grumpy cat but IF you are using the Server version (not cloud) AND have administration privileges AND can point and click without too many problems then you could use...wait for it....Script Runner (by Jamie Echlin) to 'copy' an existing project.

Then, if you can handle the above, what you'd want to do is go and setup various 'template projects' in JIRA with the desired scheme's pre-assigned to not use the default schemes (an EXCELLENT approach for things in general, by the way).

Finally, when someone wants a new project you'd go to Admin/Addons/Script Runner/Built In Scripts/Copy Project and supply a new name, key, etc for the selected project you want to copy, click 'go' or whatever and presto you have a new project pre-config'ed to your desired configuration.

-wc

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

No. All those are hard coded into the code. You'll have to manually edit them or change the underlying schemes if you are using the create Project template.

Suggest an answer