Agile Board

Yaniv Almog October 28, 2013

Hi,

I'm using Agile Simplified Workflow for my agile board, but once I'm doing that my "resolve issue" screen is lost (it doesn't appear once I resolve an issue).

If I cancel the "Simplified Workflow" and using one of my old workflows - the "resolve issue" screen appears again.

How can I use the "Simplified Workflow" (I need it in order to define new agile board columns and statuses) and still have the "resolve issue" screen?

Thanks,

Yaniv

4 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2013

Hi Yaniv,

As Kim already said : yes you can add columns to any agile board, take a look here for more information : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+Columns

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

The "Simplified Workflow" is a workflow like any other i.e. you can edit it as you like, add validators, post functions etc. exactly as for any other workflow.

The "Simplified" part as I understand and use it is more to give users a way to edit a workflow to their liking first, then contact an expert to get any other bindings done right.

For example the simplified workflow resolve status field is (or was at least in earlier Agile versions) not updated when closing an issue. There you had to edit the workflow to add a post function to set the resolve status to e.g. "Fixed".

If adding transitions would make the plugin think it is no longer "Simplified" I have not tested but then again I see the options as a way to let teams experiment and lock down once they are satisfied with the set of statuses.

To your question above: Yes there is a way to add new statuses to a non-simplified workflow in the workflow-editor. Then on the board they will show up and you can add columns for those new statuses as you like.

0 votes
Yaniv Almog October 29, 2013

So is there a way to add columns and new statuses for an agile board that is not using the "Simplified Workflow" ?

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2013

I don't think you can -

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Using+JIRA+Agile+Simplified+Workflow

"Displays no screens on any transitions – all transitions will happen instantly"

Suggest an answer