Agile Board - configure colums

Yaniv Almog October 15, 2013

Hi, I'm trying to configure columns and add new colums on my agile board, but it is not rflected on the agile board view/

I'm using Agile->Manage Boards -> selcting "configure" on the board -> setting the cloumns, but when I go to the Agile Board to see the new columns I still see the original configuration.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Yaniv

1 answer

0 votes
Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Yaniv,

A common mistake when configuring columns is creating columns but not mapping a status to that column. What that means is that in most instances, you have to have a status in the column below the column name.

Your solutions:

• You can activate "Simplify Workflow" which will allow you to essentially modify the workflow by modifying the columns. This should be easier. Read about this on Atlassian's documentation.
  • If you already have a status that goes with the new column, you can deposit the status there by dragging and dropping it.
  • You can also do a more significant set of changes by modifying your workflow to add a new status for that column. Read about this on Atlassian's documentation.

Does that answer your question?

Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

Yaniv, is that what you needed?

Suggest an answer