Agile Board - configure colums

Hi, I'm trying to configure columns and add new colums on my agile board, but it is not rflected on the agile board view/

I'm using Agile->Manage Boards -> selcting "configure" on the board -> setting the cloumns, but when I go to the Agile Board to see the new columns I still see the original configuration.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Yaniv

1 answer

Yaniv,

A common mistake when configuring columns is creating columns but not mapping a status to that column. What that means is that in most instances, you have to have a status in the column below the column name.

Your solutions:

• You can activate "Simplify Workflow" which will allow you to essentially modify the workflow by modifying the columns. This should be easier. Read about this on Atlassian's documentation.
  • If you already have a status that goes with the new column, you can deposit the status there by dragging and dropping it.
  • You can also do a more significant set of changes by modifying your workflow to add a new status for that column. Read about this on Atlassian's documentation.

Does that answer your question?

Yaniv, is that what you needed?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

51 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot