Agile Board - Can Epic be renamed to feature?

Jaskaran Singh September 21, 2018

Hi. Can we rename the issue type Epic to Feature and still use the board? In our organization people relate to features and user stories better than Epic and User stories.

3 answers

0 votes
Csaba Schwarczinger September 1, 2021

As we see the problem is that if we rename them all of the queries, filters and boards will be collapse. So we could do quickly the renaming but it not worked well.

0 votes
Bryan McMillan September 21, 2018

@Jaskaran Singh,

I have installed and used the SAFe Epic to Feature Add-On many times.  It works great!  Again, it is strictly for Jira Server instances only.  It renames the Epic IssueType, the Epic name/link/color/etc. over to Feature.  All of the functionality for Epic remains unchanged.  The name is also changed on the Agile Boards in the right places so from the end-user's point of view it all shows Feature.

Regards,

Bryan

ACP-JA, ACP-JSW, ACP-JPA, CSSGB

Jaskaran Singh September 25, 2018

Thanks! I will try this out soon :)

Flavio De Souza August 16, 2020

And is it applied to all Projects or just that specific Project?

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2018

Hello @Jaskaran Singh,

If you're on Server:

If you're on Cloud, you can vote for this feature request but unfortunately I'm not aware of any workaround in the meantime.

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Jaskaran Singh September 26, 2018

Thanks! I will try this out soon :)

Suggest an answer