After upgrading to Jira 6.1 and Agile 6.3.1, Agile screen has JS errors

Group IT September 24, 2013

We have upgrades from jira 6.0 to 6.1 today and everying is relatively OK except Jira Agile is not working.

In Chrome I get the JS error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'init' of undefined (RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=10&useStoredSettings=true:114)

In Firefox:

TypeError: GH.RapidBoard is undefined - AJS.$(GH.RapidBoard.init); (RapidB...gs=true (line 114))

I've upgraded all plugins, restarted Jira, cleared browser caches, nothing works.

There is one plugin that doesn't load, Remotable Plugins I18n plugin. This has been identified in the 6.1 release notes, but it doesn't mention a fix at all.

We are using Jira download. What's going on here?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Beutel September 24, 2013

Hi Joe, since we've the same symptoms here I tried this and now Agile works again. In our case it seems to be caused by »JIRA Syntax Highlighter Plugin 1.7.0«. Returning from Safe mode and disabling this Plugin fixed the Agile JS issues.

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2015
0 votes
Group IT September 25, 2013

Thanks we just identified the same plugin causing the problem. They just released a version supporting 6.1, this fixes everything :)

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

An additonal note: We ran into the same issue but it was the Behaviors plugin causing the issue.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013
Hi Kyle, Could you try enabling plugin safe mode, and then re-enabling Jira Agile and see if the problem persists?
Andreas Beutel September 24, 2013

Hi Joe, since we've the same symptoms here I tried this and now Agile works again.

Suggest an answer