After upgrading Jira my web page is all garbled

Cesar Caminero November 12, 2020

I upgraded from 8.4.2 to 8.13.1 and now when I open my Jira page everything is out of place.  The avatar icon is huge.  There are no links to go to other sections, like management, or users. Please tell me what I need to reset for this to work again. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cesar Caminero January 11, 2021

I decided to start everything from scratch installing a fresh copy of the latest version.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Cesar,

Welcome to the community.

Can you please clear your browsers cache and see if this resolves the issue.

Cesar Caminero November 16, 2020

Hi Brant.  I did that already several times.  I also did it on another PC in the network that I access Jira from, but same results.  The Jira page is all messed up.  Is there anything I can do to reset the web site?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Cesar,

Can you try these steps:

• Browse through System -> User Interface -> Look and Feel and reset all the configurations to the default
  • Reconfigure manually everything you need from the Look and Feel
Cesar Caminero November 18, 2020

I wish I could get that far in, but remember, I cannot browse to anywhere in the site.  Only to the admin user profile because I can click on the huge icon, but very few options are available to me at any page I'm able to land.  There's got to be a way to reset a file or something else to set the web interface defaults, or maybe to copy the file structure (or recover) from a backup.

I installed the latest version on our test environment and it all looks as it should.  The issue here is when I do the upgrade, even thou it seems like the upgrade uninstalls the old version before installing the new one.  But something gets corrupted during that process.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Here is the URL https://YOURDOMAINHERE/secure/admin/LookAndFeel!default.jspa  Just add your domain and you should be good to go.

Cesar Caminero November 18, 2020

I'll try that and let you know.  Thank you!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

If it is truly corrupt then we will have to do something else but let me know how it turns out.

Cesar Caminero November 19, 2020

No luck.  I can get to the LookAndFeel page but all the links on that page are gone as well.  What would be my next option?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

I would suggest coping files from your test instance and replacing them on prod.  I am not positive on all the files you should copy so I am going to refer you to Atlassian support https://support.atlassian.com/contact/  so you can submit and ticket with them and they can walk you through the steps.  I am thinking it is just css and javascript issue.

Cesar Caminero November 20, 2020

Ok, thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events