After upgrade to Jira 7.4.3 some calls calling localhost

John Dudmesh September 4, 2017

We have just upgraded our Jira installation to 7.4.3, all was good before the upgrade.

The site is mostly working on the assigned base URL however now some calls, often originating from batch.js, are calling back to localhost. In particular the Average Age Chart and Activity Stream Chart gadgets are broken although other gadgets on the system dashboard are working correctly.

Also the dismissNotification call is returning a 403 error.

2 answers

1 vote

Thanks Lars - I hadn't set up the proxy name and port in server.xml.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2017

The most likely explanation is that your hosts file is set up incorrectly.  Check the localhosts mappings and ip address.

I did have the hostname from the base URL mapped to localhost. I've taken that out so and restarted Jira but I'm still getting the same errors e.g.

http://localhost:8080/jira/secure/viewavatar?size=xsmall&avatarId=10303&avatarType=issuetype

Could localhost be cached somewhere?

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Ssl, proxy?

Perhaps you forgot changes to server.xml.

Tried http://127.0.0.1 instead? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2017

No, that's not what I said.  Your base url should be the url you want to access the system on.  It doesn't need "mapping".

Look at your hosts file on the server.  For Linux it will be /etc/hosts

You need to make sure that is correct.  Specifically, what does that say for any lines that contain "localhost"

Suggest an answer