After installed a Kanban board, I cannot switch "My JIRA home" back to Dashboard

Axel Hinz April 11, 2018

I installed a Kanban board, and maybe I switched on to show it directly after logging on. But I cannot switch back to show the dashboard after login; and additionally clicking the "Home" symbol shows the Kanban instead of Dashboard too.

Using "Profile" / "My JIRA Home" (clicking on Dashboard), it does not change as expected (tried https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/changing-your-jira-home-page-720416089.html).

Could not find any hint how to switch back!

I have recently upgraded to:

JIRA Software 7.8.2

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2018

Hi Axel,

you set the Home location in your profile:

image.png

Axel Hinz April 11, 2018

As described in my initial request, I already tried that and it does not work (please compare my second paragraph in case you missed it). This is the reason for placing the issue here.

And, to be more complete, I also tried to use a different browser with previously cleared cache. None of that is working.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2018

I'm sorry, @Axel Hinz , this was my fault. I'll have a look at the documentation, since I don't have Jira 7.8 here.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2018

Have you clicked twice on the "Dashboard" link? 

The first click changes the selection, the second click saves the selection.

Axel Hinz April 11, 2018

WOW! Thanks a lot Thomas, that did the trick! Never thought about that... BTW, all, in German the Dashboard is named "Übersicht".

Just to mention, I previously used JIRA 7.7.1, but the problem was the same. Due to some weird bug ("Startseite" was written as "S<u>t</u>artseite" having changed the collation referring to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-fix-the-collation-of-a-postgres-jira-database-776657961.html) and other reasons I wanted to upgrade, but the topic for raising up this issue did not resolve.

Learned something, again today ;) I will update my own documentation; but @Thomas Schlegel, did you find that in the docu or somewhere else? All could be interested in.

BR
Axel

(Solved)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2018

Hi @Axel Hinz,

great, that it works now. I was asked a similar question some time ago by one of our developers. I think we found out by chance that you have to click twice... But it took some time to remember this... ;-)

If you think your question is answered, please accept the answer with the check marker. Other users with similar questions can find answered questions more easy, if they are checked.

Thank you und viele Grüße aus Hamburg 

Axel Hinz April 11, 2018

Moin Thomas, could not find the check marker on "answer"-level, tickmarked the complete answer therefore. Thanks again!

PS. Have been working at Hammerbrook a year ago, I did and still have a deep passion for Hamburg :) Greetings from Duesseldorf!

Suggest an answer