After Update JIRA notice "JIRA Software ist derzeit nicht verfügbar." but we cant find a bug!

Oliver Fuhrmann December 4, 2017

after the latest Update of JIRA Server Installation, wie got the notification, that JIRA is not available at the moment:

"JIRA Software ist derzeit nicht verfügbar. Eventuell wurde ein Upgrade nicht erfolgreich ausgeführt oder ist noch nicht abgeschlossen."

But everything works so far. we already tried this solution:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-software-is-currently-unavailable-error-after-upgrading-to-jira-7-or-newer-794373743.html

But the query does not return any rows.

I wonder how we can get rid of this annoying message. Can you help?

3 answers

1 vote
Oliver Fuhrmann December 4, 2017

Hi Shannon,

we upgraded vom 6.4.11 to 7.5.0 in the log there are some errors but nothing I think of this notification.

I have created a Support-Zip I copuld send you.

Besst regards

Oliver

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Oliver,

In order to get your support zip, I'll need to make a ticket for you in the support system. Could I use the email address you're logged in with to ask the question?

Shannon

Oliver Fuhrmann December 5, 2017

Hi Shannon,

that would be very nice. Please do so.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Thank you, Oliver! I've created the ticket for you.

Once your issue is resolved, I've asked the engineer to place the answer in reply to this question, but please feel free to do so yourself as it may help other users!

Regards,
Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 27, 2017

Hi Oliver!

The engineer working on your case has let me know that your issue has timed out due to us not having heard back from you for more information.

If you'd like to continue working on this issue, please reply to the support ticket in order to re-open it. If your issue is resolved, can you let us know how it was resolved?

Regards,

Shannon

Oliver Fuhrmann October 15, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Our Admin now had time to check out your suggestions, but we still get the notice from JIRA.

Hiere is what he did:

- Update from Version 7.5.2 -> 7.12.3
- New Installation of JIRA 7.12.3 and reconnecting the database

Now we guess, that the source of the bug can be found in the DB, not in the JIRA instance itself.

Do you have a suggestion for us?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 15, 2018

Oliver,

In the ticket, they recommended you a few things already to fix your database. If your admin already fixed all of these things and you continue to have the issue, then you'll want to reopen your ticket. If you can confirm he fixed all the problems that Lenard outlined, then please raise your issue again.

Here were his suggestions again:

From the logs, I see that you've managed to successfully update JIRA to 7.5.0 although initially there were some problems with the database drivers (looks like the drivers problem were resolved).

Moving forward, I found a number of problems related to healthchecks that you may need to solve. At the moment, healthcheck failing could be the reason why you are getting the error notifications.

Problem 1:

2017-11-19 13:32:21,399 JIRA-Bootstrap WARN      [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] Your mssql database is currently using an unsupported collation: Latin1_General_CI_AS. You should change this to a supported collation: - SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AI
     - SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI

The database collation used is unsupported. Do follow the KB here for detailed steps on how to resolve this particular issue.

Problem 2:

Name: Isolationsstufe
Is healthy: false
Failure reason: Die Isolationsstufe der Datenbank READ_COMMITED_SNAPSHOT ist DEAKTIVIERT, was von JIRA nicht unterstützt wird.
Severity: CRITICAL

The database isolation level is at an unspported level. Please follow the KB here for detailed steps on how to resolve this.

After solving the two problems above, let us know whether your problem with "JIRA Software ist derzeit nicht verfügbar. Eventuell wurde ein Upgrade nicht erfolgreich ausgeführt oder ist noch nicht abgeschlossen." still happens.

Let us know how it goes on your end and we look forward to receiving a response from you.

Please feel free to create a ticket via our support page and reference ticket number JSP-401659 and we can proceed from there.

Regards,

Shannon

Oliver Fuhrmann October 15, 2018

Hi Shannon,

our Admin informed me, that he executed both fixes. So the internal JIRA - System diagnostics showed up with "everything OK!".

But the message mentioned above is still at the top of the screen when logging in.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 15, 2018

Oliver,

Thanks for verifying that he was able to make these changes. As you're still having the same error message, then I recommend my suggestion from earlier today to raise a new support ticket referring to the past ticket number (JSP-401659) and we can take it from there. 

Thank you for your understanding!

Shannon

0 votes
Oliver Fuhrmann October 16, 2018

Hi Shannon,

we upgraded from 7.5.2 to 7.12.3.

Here is a list of the Errors

ERROR JIRA startup with MS SQL Server fails with error "Cannot insert the value NULL ... column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails."
WARN JIRA Indexing Operations Display Error indexing issue Dropping Custom Field
WARN JIRA re-indexing is very slow when issues do not have a rank value FIXED IN 7.2.7
ERROR This version of JIRA Agile requires a minimum build number of #45 in order to proceed
ERROR JIRA 7.1.X Agile related update error
ERROR Hercules Log Scanner Unable to Proceed Past Zero
NEUSTART DER ANWENDUNG
WARN Dashboard doesn't load when SD is being restarted
NEUSTART DER ANWENDUNG
WARN Connection Reset when Accessing the Database

I would like to raise a new support ticket, but I am unable to do it, because we only have a starter Licence.

Best regards

Oliver

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2018

Oliver,

Thank you for letting me know that. I've created a new ticket for you which is JSP-406757. 

We will be in touch shortly to continue troubleshooting your issue.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2017

Hi Oliver,

Can you let us know what version you upgraded from and to? 

Additionally, please let us know what errors occurs in your atlassian-jira.log.

Thank you!

Shannon

Suggest an answer