Advanced Roadmaps change Item hierarchy

Christian Neubauer October 14, 2021

Hi,

I am new to Advanced Roadmaps and I want to make my Gantt Charts there. Also I've added two more hierarchy levels (by the way - this process is not really intuitive). However I saw that I'll need another hierachy level after I did some work there - it was no problem to do that. 

However I'm kind of stuck now, because I want to change the hierarchy level of already made items. 

So let's say that I want to change the hiararchy level of item number xyz from level 2 to 1. How can I do that? 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Christian Neubauer,

To change the hierarchy configuration itself, you'll need to navigate to <yoursite>.atlassian.net/secure/PortfolioHierarchy.jspa where you can introduce new levels or remove old ones. You can drag and drop the levels above Epics in the order you want.

Have a look at this support article for a more detailed description of the steps to follow.

If you change the hierarchy levels, it is possible that you'll need to redefine the parent-child relations between issues in your plan, obviously. But that is not so difficult to do through drag and drop or bulk update, directly inside your plan.

Hope this helps! 

Christian Neubauer October 15, 2021

Hi,

changing the hiarchy options itself wasn't the problem. 

The problem was to change the hierarchy level of one "item" itself after updating the hiearchy configuration. 

For example:

Change the hiearchy level of item "Project 1" from "Initiative" to "Milestone". To do that I had to open every item itself and click on the symbol in the title in order to change the category. I hoped that there is some kind of bulk option to do that for more than one item at the same time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events