Admin locked out, and she's the only one with permissions to add her back in?

rehasan April 3, 2020

Hi everyone - my team is using the free online version of the software for the functional side of our team. Our team member who created the project is apparently the only admin who can add or change the users of the project, and she's locked out due to changes our organization made to out G Suite accounts. The project is no longer recognizing her credentials despite her email/password being the same - she can log into the google account she used to create the project but the project site is now asking her to request access from an admin (and she is the only one). Has anyone experienced this? We can't seem to find a solution other than re-making the entire project in an instance she can access. It says we can solve the problem by upgrading to standard, but again the admin (who is locked out) is the only one who can do this. Please help!

2 answers

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2020

Hello @rehasan ,

Thanks for reaching out.  Looking at the details you provided so far, especially the note about the switch to the gsuite account being made over 6 weeks ago, makes me feel like something got hung up in the browser and was recently cleard out causing the recent failure, I am wondering if the account sync details got hung up in the browser somewhere or possibly the old account attempted to resync.

As a initial troubleshooting step I would recomend having the affected user Log out of the google account entirely most likely logged into  account in a chrome browser via a sync option check how they are signed in and I would recomend disabling account synchronization  then clear cache and attempt to log back into the system, to see if this bypasses the login issue.

Next , if the steps above do not have any affect on the login, as Jack noted, we will need to get you in touch with the support team to take a look at the backend and see what is going on with the account as we will need to pass information back and forth about the account details that should not be in the public forum, as you are on the Free plan we will need to create that request on your behalf.  So please test out the account sync option and let me know how it goes, and if there is no change I will get that request started for you.

Also, thanks for flagging this one @Jack Brickey :)

Regards,
Earl

rehasan April 3, 2020

Hi Earl - She just cleared her browser history/cache/all login files and turned off account sync but unfortunately no results. Let me know how I can get in touch with the support team! Thank you :) 

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2020

Hi @rehasan ,

I created the following request for you so we can follow up:

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

@rehasan, I have pinged some Atlassian colleagues to see if they can assist. The general Community users would not have access to your instance. Assuming they can assist here then you will want to ensure that you have a backup admin. I'm not sure what change to G-suite would have resulted in this but hopefully folks here can get to the bottom of it.

rehasan April 3, 2020

Thank you SO MUCH Jack! I'm currently listed as an admin on the site but I guess not the primary? It says I'm an Administrator but I can't add users or change her credentials.

RE: G Suite - Basically they switched our company's G Suite license/access from partner domains @Test Company-partnercorp.google.com to a corporate account (@company.com) - we think she used the partner domain to set up the project initially and that's what's causing the access issue but it's interesting because the switch was made over 6 weeks ago so we're unclear why she'd just be getting locked out now. 

Julien December 23, 2021

I have a similar problem. Was yours resolved and how? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events