Adding up the remaining effort by columns (Scrum board; jira-agile)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Hi

We use jira-agile with scrum boards and sprints.

What we want is to in some way find a sum of the remaining estimate by column.

e.g. We have a column Open , In Development and In Test, i want to find out total what is remaining estimate for all issues that are in Open column and so on...

I know out of box we cant achieve it; is there a workaround to get this information?

This information will inform us which column is becoming the bottleneck in the current sprint.

Rahul

2 answers

1 vote
Urban Andersson October 7, 2015

Bump. We would like this feature as well

0 votes
drabiger August 6, 2018

We had the same need for our process, and we were missing such a feature, as well.

Here's our solution: I just added an extension for the Chrome browser that will display the sum of all remaining estimates on Jira scrum boards. The extension expects that you have configured your scrum board to show the remaining estimates for the issues (cards). It then simply parses the HTML content and injects the sum per column.

Here's a link to the Chrome webstore:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/estimations-sum-for-jira/mmbocjepfajlidapdnikdjebbdfjgbki

Suggest an answer