Adding ticket to sprint results in a "duplicate" sprint

Scott Buratt September 19, 2022

(Jira Cloud, Company Based Projects)

Been seeing this over the past couple of sprints but cannot figure out what is going on (and currently only seen in one project)

At times, a ticket will be added to the active sprint within this one project but instead of it landing in the current active sprint, it ends up in a sprint with the same name with the same project.

So, when you look at the Active Sprint Board, you'll see it presenting "All Sprints" in the drop down. Then when you open the drop down, you'll see "All Sprints", "sprint x" and "sprint x"

Looking in the backlog, both "sprint x" are present.

To recover, I move the ticket from one "sprint x" to the other "sprint x" and then delete the empty "sprint x".

We do not have "parallel sprints" enabled and I cannot reproduce the issue in my Admin account within that project.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

That is quite bizarre. Your sure the duplicate sprint does not exist prior to adding an issue? It sure feels like a possible regression in a recent update. It sounds like it is not repeatable but rather random, correct? I think this might be one for Atlassian support. If you do reach out please update us here.

Scott Buratt September 21, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Yep, positive the sprint does not exists (outside of the "active" sprint, which ends up with the duplicate sprint/name).

Also correct, random as I cannot reproduce.

I'll reach out to support and update add to this thread.

Thanks

Scott Buratt September 21, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events