Adding the Add-on to the specific Project/s

Roja Gurram August 12, 2020

Hi All,

How do we add/enable the Addon to the specific projects in JIRA 7.3.1 ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Hi @Roja Gurram 

If you're asking how to limit the functions of an app to certain projects, it would depend on whether that option is available in the app itself. Which app is it?

However, if you're asking if you can limit the number of "app licences" you pay for, this isn't possible. App pricing tiers are based on all users within your instance - even if not all of them utilise the functionality.

Ste

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the response.

I figured out the solution for this.

Now the issue is we have a " TestRail " add-on  and when we give a click on that option " Test Rail " located on left pane  it is showing as Login to TestRail what credentials should i/we use pls ?Attached screenshots for your reference.

Rail.PNGRail1.PNG

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Hi @Roja Gurram 

TestRail requires both the app from Atlassian Marketplace and a trial or paid version of TestRail itself.

From their Marketplace listing:

(Add-on requires paid Jira & paid TestRail instance or trial)

So if you haven't signed up to TestRail via their website (see link above), you'd need to do that first. Then I envisage you'll receive login details :)

Ste

Roja Gurram August 13, 2020

Hi Stephen,

Thank you i will signup.

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2020

Hi @Roja Gurram ,

Add on installation will be applicable to globally. Can you please mention the add-on you referring here. Also there is no option is available to enable/disable the add-on at project level and case by case add-on functionality differs.

Thanks,

Avinash 

Hi Avinash Bhagawati ,

Thank you for sharing the info on this.

Suggest an answer