Adding test cases via search filter is not working

Prasanth Kamalakannan August 11, 2020

1: I created favorite search filter.

2: Planed a test cycle:

3: Selected the version and Click on Add tests.

Click on search filter and searched for the filter. It showed search filter but it is listing test cases 0 found.

When I created that search filter, I have 63 test cases under that search filter.

Let me know why this is hapenning ?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2020

Hi @Prasanth Kamalakannan  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would you please post your filter/query and how you are managing tests: add-on, issue type, etc.?  That will help the community provide you with ideas.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Prasanth Kamalakannan August 11, 2020

Hello Bill,

Thanks for replying.Please see the information required.

Not Working

project = CN AND issuetype = Test AND "Testcase Component" = Designer AND assignee in (currentUser())

zira3.pngzira1.pngzira2.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2020

Hi, and thanks for the information!

When you do not get the expected results with a filter, it can help to start with a simpler filter and progressively add the clauses.  In that way you can see where the problem exists.  For example...

project = CN

project = CN AND issuetype = Test

project = CN AND issuetype = Test AND "Testcase Component" = Designer

project = CN AND issuetype = Test AND "Testcase Component" = Designer AND assignee = currentUser()

Try those, one by one, and note when your tests are no longer returned.  That will help indicate if issue are different from what you expect, or if the query has a problem.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events