Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding "Story Points" to new issue view for Bug

I have read and read and read and I just can't seem to figure this out.  I realize that "Story Point Estimate" is a NextGen field and for Classic projects, we are supposed to use the "Story Points" field.  Got it.  Ok.  Great.

So, how do you add it to the new issue view for a Bug?  It is a good practice as recommended by many Scrum practitioners to assign story points to bugs.  So, that is what I want to do.  

(Also, I would ask not recommending any solutions that you haven't actually verified firsthand because I have tried every solution I could find that was recommended to solve this).

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 2.24.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 2.26.15 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you!!!  I had to first turn off the new issue view in order to see Admin --> Where's my field?  then I did the following and it worked!!!!!  

Could Jira be any more complicated?

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.30.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.26.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.27.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.32.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.35.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.37.08 PM.png

Win.  Holy crap.  I can't believe Jira makes such a simple request, so difficult.

Thank you again!

Thank you !!!

Hours and hours looking for a solution and you help me a lot with that!!!!

Thank you!

That's so hard to find, I had to also look into how to switch to the old view from here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/temporarily-click-through-to-the-old-issue-view/. I hope they keep this option or provide a better way to edit this.

Hi @Shane Taylor ,

Have you checked the Field Scheme for the Issue Type "Bug?" In the project,  Under Project Settings, scroll down to find "Fields" and then check the list of fields that are included in your scheme. Also verify that the "Bug" issue type is mapped to that scheme. 

bug 1.JPGbug 2.JPG

-Scott

I think I am set up properly.  And my project only uses the one field configuration.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 6.09.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 6.13.15 PM.png

It still sounds like that field may not be enabled for that issue type. If you open up one of the bugs and click the Add Field button along the top of the view issue screen (it might be Admin, then Add FIield; I’m away from my desk and watching “Tom and Jerry” with the family so I can’t verify the buttons :) )you should get a “where’s my field” option. Click that, find the story points field, and see if you can either add it or, if not, it will give you a set of locations to check to make sure it is enabled.

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

157 views 9 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you