Adding labels during the ticket creation for Jira Cloud app on Slack

Phuong Vu February 26, 2024

Hi there,

At our company, we are using the Jira Cloud app in our Slack Workflows. We like the app and we think that it would be awesome if there is a way to label the issue in the "Create an issue" form.
Is that something in your roadmap? Can it be added?
Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2024

Hello, Good day. We can add a label field to the same form and use the specific label from slack.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.42.56 AM.png

Phuong Vu February 28, 2024

Hey Mohanraj, thank you for the response. But it looks like the option isn't available on Jira Cloud for Slack Workflow Builder. Please find attached image. Can we have it added there as well?

I think other fields like sprint, and component would be awesome additions to this form as well.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 11.15.14 AM.png

Phuong Vu February 28, 2024

Also it looks like the integration with Slack workflow builder is failing. I can't seem to create the Jira issue with data from the form.

App ID: A06KSFZJMFD
Workflow ID: Wf06KPMM5XL5
Trace ID: Tr06M2S2U77D
Builder user ID: U0494G7QHLG

Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2024

Thanks for the update. The connectivity issue should have been addressed now. Slack app WF builder is developed and maintained by Slack team. It would be good if you could check with Slack team for the label field.

Phuong Vu February 29, 2024

Ah gotcha. Will reach out to them. Thank you for addressing the connectivity issue.

Phuong Vu February 29, 2024

Just tested the integration again and I'm getting the same issue

App ID: A06KSFZJMFD

Workflow ID: Wf06KPMM5XL5

Trace ID: Tr06M8PKTGKC

Builder user ID: U0494G7QHLG

Is it possible for you to provide some logs? Maybe there is a required field that is missing in the form?

Phuong Vu March 3, 2024

Hi @Mohanraj Thangamuthu, any updates on the ^ issue? Thank you!

Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2024

Hello, Good day. Please reach out to Slack support team as this workflow integration is designed by slack support team. Thanks

Phuong Vu March 4, 2024

Closing this as the issue is due to Slack form sending an extra field (i.e. Priority) to Jira.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events