Adding an issue collector to a sharepoint Site

Tim Waller October 21, 2021

I am trying to add an issue collector to our sharepoint site, however it is saying that the HTML code needs to be in Iframe. I am not an expert when it comes to this and was wondering whether anybody knows whether it is possible to convert the code and how to do it?

Thanks 

2 answers

3 votes
Robert Ogden June 7, 2022

Thank you for providing that link to the youtube video - but Modern SharePoint no longer supports the content editor web part.

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2021

Hi @Tim Waller ,

Ultimately the Issue collector is just running a script that is in a "text/javascript" format that is embedded in the source pages HTML encoding the example used in the collector being:

<html>
    <head>...</head>
    <body>
        <h1>Hello World!</h1>
        Insert collector source here
    </body>
</html>

I'm not an expert in the Sharepoint site but the goal is to match the desired pages formatting requirements, and again while I am not 100% sure on SharePoint requirements for the layout I was able to locate the video that gives all the steps to embed a Jira Issue Collector into a SharePoint Online Site viewable at the link below that looks like it would do the trick.  The video does not have any audio describing the steps but it looks like a fairly straightforward process and easy to follow:

Hope this helps

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer