Added users do not show up in projects

Deleted user January 23, 2020

Hi

I am new to Jira Software. Have set up 3 projects within the account, have defined a group and added/invited another user. Not all invitations to join the project land in the email inbox (also not spam), and the ones that do can be accepted but do not result in the other user being visible in the project. Up till now, only 1 project is visible to the other user but not to me being the admin.

Am I overlooking something?

Regards Robert

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @[deleted]

Two potential options. If this is a Classic project, check the permission schemes:

1. Go to Jira Settings (the cog icon on the left-hand navigation bar) and select Issues
  2. Select Permission Schemes from the bottom of the list
  3. Click on the "Default Software Scheme" - this should be the scheme your projects defaulted to
  4. For viewing rights, click on Edit next to "Browse Projects"
  5. Grant permission to either the group you've both in or if you want everyone to see the projects, choose Application Access > Any Logged in User

^ This should resolve the view rights and for classic projects, you need to decide who gets permission to do what. See more on project permissions here.

The other option is this is a Next-Gen project which you can't see as the Site Admin. Users who create these projects can choose to make it Private, Limited or Open - Private requires user management to add users.

To change permissions in Next-Gen:

1. Go to the project and choose Project Settings > Access
  2. Up the top press "Change Project Access"
  3. Choose the most relevant access here and press "Change" if needed
  4. Search for users to add to this project and give them a role - more on Next-Gen roles here

Ste

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I am in Next-gen. Additional user (it is only the 2 of us) had previously been granted 'Member' rights. I checked the above. Projects have been changed from private to limited. Will wait for a bit if anything changes.

Regards Robert

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Awesome - with Limited you should be able to see the projects even if you're not a member of them, but will be restricted to viewing and commenting unless added as a project member.

Ste

Deleted user January 24, 2020

Have found the way now. Thanks for helping.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

Hi Robert,

I am not sure about why certain individuals are not seeing the invite and others are but it should like the issue is outside of Jira to me. Are the added users on the same domain? Are you using MS Exchange or other server based email service? If so check the server to ensure the invites are being sent. You could manually send the URL to the, to see if they could login.

Regarding the second question, users need to be added to a project. Generally this is done using roles or groups. Then these groups/roles are given permissions in the project - project settings > permissions. Now that is a bit different in practice if you are using next-gen projects where you go to project settings > access.

Thanks for your help. I am pretty sure this is not the issue. Have done and checked all the more obvious settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events