Add users to Agile project

Meryem Saidi November 9, 2013

Hi,

As an administrator, I added users to Agile project team but they don't receive any notification to sign in.

Thanks for help.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2013

I've created a "New Users" group. All newbies get added to this group by Admin and they get email of training and other information. This is not automatic though.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2013

What do you mean by "added users to Agile project team"? Added them to a group? A role? What were you expecting Jira to send if the users already had acounts?

0 votes
Meryem Saidi November 14, 2013

Always got the same problem ... but I used a bypass solution !

I activate CAPTCHA and other configurations related to account creation. Thus, other users can create their own account and work on the same projetc.

Thank you very much for your answers.

0 votes
Meryem Saidi November 13, 2013

Hello,

I'm now about configuring SMTP mail server.

I followed JIRA documentation instructions and I have an error.

I don't know if u could help...

Many thanks in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2013

Mmm, gmail isn't quite a simple standard SMTP service. (Well, it is standard, but it's not quite the simple default setup)

You need try SSL connections on port 465, I don't think I've ever had it work on port 25.

Work through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA%27s+SMTP+Mail+Server+to+Send+Notifications

0 votes

I've tried to invite a new user 30 minutes ago. Till now, he doesn't receine an email notification.

I think that I ve to configure JIRA to send an email before invite new users. I'll test when I can login to my account :(

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA%27s+SMTP+Mail+Server+to+Send+Notifications#

0 votes

I've tried to invite a new user 30 minutes ago. Till now, he doesn't receine an email notification.

I think that I ve to configure JIRA to send an email before invite new users. I'll test when I can login to my account :(

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA%27s+SMTP+Mail+Server+to+Send+Notifications#

0 votes

Yes, add users to a group enabling them to work on the same project. The users had not acounts.

I invite thel to join the group by providing their email adress. So, normally, they have to receive a email notification from JIRA Agile.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2013

I have a feeling that invites only go out to new users and it won't resend them to existing users. So if you already had the accounts and put them in a group, they aren't new users so it won't send another mail to them.

Suggest an answer