Add priorities in Email request type in a group project

Rob June 19, 2021

Hello team...I am trying to add a prior field to email requests in a group project...right now defaults to major. Is it possible to put prior field in the email request or at least move the default to  a low priority? I dont see this as an option (see attached). thank youWeb capture_19-6-2021_102033_rulex.atlassian.net.jpeg

3 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2021

Hi @Rob ,

As @Dave Liao mentions you could use an automation rule to "lower" the priority on the email request type.

However, if you just need a lower priority for all requests coming in over email you could just add the priority field on the request type form and then set it as the default value there.

Most likely your priority field on the project has the default value of Major (which might be set for another reason in general).

So just adding the priority field on the request type form with a default value should just set it at creation on the priority you want.

That field would be hidden then of course, to avoid having a customer change the priority.

Rob June 21, 2021

Hello Dirk

This is a group project and I dont seem to be allowed to add (drag and drop) a priority into the email fields...could this be due to the kind of project it is?

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans - that's why I gave my convoluted suggestion.

@Rob - I definitely recommend Dirk's answer, but I'm unsure why Priority isn't available for you. I'd double-check with your project admin (if that's not you) to ensure that "Priority" is available on the screens for that project.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

@Dave Liao , just trying to give the man some options :)

@Rob ,

I'm not sure what you mean by "group" project. Do you mean a team managed/next gen project ?

Going by your screenshot and dragging/dropping that might be the case and they do behave a little different altho I would assume priority would still be a field that's available.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/issue-and-request-types-in-classic-and-next-gen-projects/

You mention you are not allowed to drag and drop it, can you see it in the list and it won't drag/drop or you just don't see it?

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

@Rob - instead of my earlier answer (strictly speaking, it should work), ensure that Priority is available on the screens for that project (so it's available in the "word bank" fields you can add to request forms), then try re-attempting to add the Priority field as a hidden field to your request form.

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2021

@Rob - hi Rob!

As an alternative, consider using Automation to auto-tag Email Requests (whatever request type you're using for emails) as a "Low" Priority?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events