Add more information to the rapid boards

Luciano Dalle Ore August 12, 2012

The current rapid boards show a much smaller amount of information than the original classic boards when displaying cards, and the requirement for users to click on each card to be able to see the details is quite frankly unworkable.

Is this the plan long term? Is there any way to display more information at a glance? This is really important for us, as we are in the mist of implementing GreenHopper. There is not enough information in the rapid boards to be able to tell status at a glance, which means those are not an option, and am concerned I will get pushback if I ask people to use the classic boards when there are large messages telling people that those will go away.

I understand that this is part of GHS-3922 - but I do not seem to be able to add a comment on that problem.

Please note that I have ranked this as minor at this point, but its impact, should the classic boards go away would go up to the level of production application down.

2 answers

3 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

Hi Luciano,

Yes, our plan for the currently forseeable future is not to allow customization of the card but to work on customization of the detail view.

You do not need to click on each card to see the details, the 'j', 'k', 'n' and 'p' keyboard shortcuts also help move around the issue details quickly.

When you say 'status at a glance', could you indicate the sort of information you're looking for? We've implemented quickfilters, swimlanes and will shortly introduce configurable card colors to help communicate the status of an issue without needing to take make the card large and unwieldy.

You should definitely be able to comment on GHS-3922, it's not closed.

We do not have plans to remove the classic boards any time soon, but our direction in the future is absolutely towards the new boards.

Thanks,
Shaun

Deleted user August 19, 2012

Hi Shaun,

> but our direction in the future is absolutely towards the new boards.

then you should listen to your customers. The major issue (based on the votes) for most of them is that they are not able to customize the cards on the cool Rapid Boards. Having at least one customizable field would probably be enough for most of them.

What is the point in bringing out a new cool and fast car but you cannot use it to go really fast as the 5th and the 6th gear are missing???

1 vote
Glenn Keighley August 21, 2012

As a scrum master it's really painful for me to not be able to see Original/Remaining hour estimates for me on the rapid board cards.

The use case for this is dashboarding. Let's say the sprint is running slow and it's clear that not all stories will be complete. The team needs to determine which stories have the greatest chance of completion and reorganize around those. Without being able to visualize which Sub-Tasks are in progress and the sizing of those various sub-tasks it significantly increases the amount of time required to drill into the details of those Sub-Tasks to determine which should be reassigned and which should be punted.

Coming to this issue from GHS-3922 it's clear that there are many users requesting this functionality.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

Hi Glenn,

We intend to display the remaining estimate (if you've configured time tracking for the board) on Work Mode in the lozenge. We will continue to display Original Estimate on the cards (if you've configured your estimate as original time estimate) in Plan mode, though we plan on adding a Remaining Estimate count to the sprint footer to show the sum of remaining estimate.

Thanks,
Shaun

Glenn Keighley August 22, 2012

Thanks for the response Shaun - do you have timeframes associated with these enhancements?

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2012

Sorry, we don't generally give out timelines because our plans change fluidly. But I'd be hoping we could roll this in soon.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer