Add issue attachments as downloadable attachments in Email

Raynard Rhodes October 9, 2019

I am looking for a way to attach images in jira issues to the email sent to notify users of an event. We use JEMH, is this possible? I wasn't able to find any definitive answers.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Hello,

Are you using JEMH's Event Listener (renamed "Notifications" in JEMH 3) to generate issue event notifications?

If you edit a notification mapping, you should see some settings for adding recently added attachments to notifications:

attachmentsettings.png

Raynard Rhodes October 10, 2019

Yes the option is selected. The format for email is text, although I believe that shouldn't matter.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2019

Can you go into more detail as to how you reproduce your problem?

When is the image added to the issue? The settings I mentioned before are for attachments that were recently added. If you are trying to add attachments that are not related to the current event they are not likely to be present.

Have you tried switching to HTML format? Does this help?

Raynard Rhodes October 11, 2019

The option to include attachments in notifications is selected. We're using text format (we do not use HTML for security reasons). When I add an attachment to an issue I receive the notification but there isn't an attachment. Only the velocity template giving the file name of the image.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2019

Hi,

This should work (I have just tested on the latest version). Please can you raise a support request on our Jira, along with the following:

• version of JEMH and Jira being used
  • describe how the attachment is added to the issue (copy+paste/browse button etc)
  • screenshot of JEMH event configuration for project (Jira and/or non-Jira user section depending on what is applicable for your scenario)

Thanks,

Mike

David January 7, 2022

@Raynard Rhodes did you ever find a solution to this?

Suggest an answer