Add epis column to a "List" when working with Business project / Project management

Jon Berglund June 8, 2021

Hi, 

I want to be able to see which Epic a task is connected to when I'm working with a project management plan and the new "Lists" feature. 

As you see in the image, there are 4 issues. SALES-17 and 20 are two epics and the issues below the epics (sales-19 and 21) are each connected to the above epics. 

Is it possible to add "EPIC" as a column or similar to see which epic is parent to an issue within the new list feature and the board??

We use Jira Software every day for our development projects and in the backlog there we can easily see with epic the issues are connected to. 

Is this even possible with the new "project management" templates that have "Lists"

4 answers

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2021

Hi @Jon Berglund

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Let me ass just a few words about BIgPicture/BigGantt. The plugin supports the automatic creation of a no-limited number of WBS levels. Task Structure can be created based on both build-in task attributes (e.g., Epic link, Component, Version, Sprint) as well as Jira links.
image - 2021-03-31T075213.124 (1).png

Moreover, thanks to Quick Filters, you will easily find a given epic(s) and its children or display only selected issue types. The plugin not only visualizes Jira data but also helps to plan, manage and track the projects.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2021

Hi @Jon Berglund,

I don't believe that this is currently possible in the List view; however, you may want try JXL: It provides a spreadsheet/list view on issues of all project types and allows adding all standard Jira and Jira Software fields (as well as all custom fields).

This is how it looks like in JXL (you can see that you can also sort and filter by epic links):

epic-column-2.gif

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

Hi Jon - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That field type is not available yet for Jira Work Management projects. But they will be working on that. I am not aware of a timeline. 

However, you can email them at this address to request they add the Epic Link field to the Lists:

jwm-eap@atlassian.com

atul June 27, 2022

Hi John, is this available now? If not, is there an ETA you can share with us

Thanks Atul

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

Hi @atul  - you should email jwm-eap@atlassian.com to see their response. There is a change out going on across Atlassian to replace Epic Link field with Parent. 

0 votes
Jon Berglund June 8, 2021

Skärmavbild 2021-06-08 kl. 14.15.14.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders