Add collaborators to a Company Managed Project

Daniel Peña May 4, 2021

I don't know how can I add a field to my issues where I can put collaborators or add people  in general, I was able to do it in my team-managed projects but not in the Company Managed Projects.

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Because Company Managed projects are capable of sharing fields and configuration schemes the creation of and management of those resources can be done only by users who are JIRA Admins, and are accessed under the Settings (gear icon next to your avatar) > Issues menu. Are you familiar with this? Do you have JIRA Admin access?

This is the top level page in the documentation concerning managing custom fields.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-custom-field

If you are not at all familiar with this process, it is quite a bit more complicated than the process for team managed projects.

1. Create the custom field. You can choose a User Picker field that allows selection of only one person or of multiple people.

2. Add it to Field Configurations that are used by the target Company Managed project(s)

3. Add it to the Screens where it needs to display.

4. Since this concerns adding people to your issues, you may also have to update Notification Schemes or Permission Schemes, depending on what you want to do with the information or if you want the people identified to have some sort of access to the issues.

Daniel Peña May 6, 2021

thank you so much for your help! you were very clear :) and I was able to do the process.

Suggest an answer