Active Stream gadget doesn't work on 8.0.2 with proxy

Konstantin Alexandrov March 12, 2019

I had release 7.3.3 on IIS proxy (ARR) and connector configuration in server.xml. After upgrade to 8.0.2 the activity stream gadget stopped working. If I disable the connector, I can see the gadget on my local machine (localhost 8080). So the problem with the gadget when proxy is used. all other gadgets work properly.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Did you follow this KB guide for setting up an IIS proxy with ARR for Jira?   I am just curious if these are the same steps you followed since we have a few different guides on proxying with Jira.

I would be interested to see if you might also be affected by one of the known issues at the bottom of that guide such as JIRA elements fail to render with HTTP 400 error.   It might help us to better understand the problem to see if you can try the diagnostic steps in that KB.   If you are seeing HTTP 400 errors, it could be that you can work around this with the steps in that KB.

Konstantin Alexandrov March 19, 2019

I tried them, on the whole I spent many hours trying to resolve the issue. Now I'm having a bit strange configuration (before it also a standard ARR configuration and I tried using tomcat_iis_connector - but no success to make the activity stream work):
I have added the default host and host name settings to server.xml (I have proxy configured for the connector too)

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="tasks.inoclub.ru">
<Host name="tasks.inoclub.ru" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
and in the IIS URL re-write settings I have
http://tasks.inoclub.ru:8080/{R:1}
(domain name instead of localhost).
When I applied these settings, I still had problems with the activity stream and I got up. You won't believe but in a few days it started working. I don't know why. I made changes on Thursday, at Friday night I had a scheduled server reboot, on Monday or Tuesday I found out it's working.

Konstantin Alexandrov March 19, 2019
I tried them, on the whole I spent many hours trying to resolve the issue. Now I'm having a bit strange configuration (before it also a standard ARR configuration and I tried using tomcat_iis_connector - but no success to make the activity stream work):
I have added the default host and host name settings to server.xml (I have proxy configured for the connector too)

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="tasks.inoclub.ru">
<Host name="tasks.inoclub.ru" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
and in the IIS URL re-write settings I have
http://tasks.inoclub.ru:8080/{R:1}
(domain name instead of localhost).
When I applied these settings, I still had problems with the activity stream and I got up. You won't believe but in a few days it started working. I don't know why. I made changes on Thursday, at Friday night I had a scheduled server reboot, on Monday or Tuesday I found out it's working.

Suggest an answer