Active Sprint Board auto assigns tasks when moving them. Why?

Nick Knuth November 2, 2017

When I move tasks across a sprint board for the developer actually working the task it automatically assigns it to me even if it is already assigned to someone.  Is there a way to change that so a pop-up appears asking me who it should go to or just making it so it does not auto assign like that?

1 answer

2 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hi Nick

You must have a post function on the transition (moving from one status to another) which is assigning to the current user. This is typical when developers move an item from the backlog (To Do) to In Progress, where it automatically assigns it to them. This is quite useful and saves a bit of time. Occasionally, I as the Scrum Master will move an issue on their behalf and it assigns to me - I then have to reassign it. The benefits of it always doing this for the developers far outweighs the minor inconvenience I have.

I'm not aware of a way of having a pop-up for assigning, apart from having a transition screen with the Assign field on it, but I think you'll find that it will become annoying quite quickly

Suggest an answer