Achieve open issues in JIRA Project 7.3.1 version

Roja Gurram June 18, 2021

Hi All,

I want to clear up one of the JIRA project please.

Can we archive all open issues that have a created date before 1st January 2020 please so it makes the backlog much easier to manage going forward please?

Is this possible please? Client is looking for this.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

Hi @Roja Gurram

if I get you right with the meaning of "push [issues] in a final status" you do not need a script. You can bulk change issues and transition them to a status you want them to have.

Please double check with documentation:

Please do let us know if this was not understood correctly.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Hi,

The archive function doesn't exist in Jira 7.3.1. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver086/archiving-an-issue-990553556.html

In your case you can update the board filter to show only issue that meet your requirement.

Roja Gurram June 18, 2021

Hi Mohamed Benziane,

Thanks for your response.

Please let me know is the below JQL is OK to archieve the Active issues from specific date ?

Project =test and status = open and createddate<=2021-05-31

Is it straightforward to close/archive off the active issues list previous to creation date -31/12/19 manually ? or can we script it?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Yes, your JQL looks good. You can make some script to push in a final status all issue find in your jql.

Roja Gurram June 20, 2021

Hi Mohamed Benziane,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please let me know to prepare the script and push all the issues is this possible with Which add-on ?

Suggest an answer