Access rights to Agile boards

Константин Шуткин November 21, 2017

Hello! I am an administrator of Jira. I want to change access rights for certain Agile board. But I cannot do it: I see only the current access rights and they are not editable. Currently this board is opened to all logged-in users.

So my question is: how I can deny to some users or groups to see this board and allow access to others?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

it has been awhile since I did this but I believe you simply go to board settings>general and edit the filter share.

It is not so easy :) 

I've tried to change filter's access rights, but they are also not editable. I see only two choices in dropdown menu: change owner and delete filter. That's all. I don't see any possibility to change access rights, which are currently "Shared with everyone"

board.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

not sure you are on the screen I'm referring to. You look to be on the view filter menus and while I would think you should be able to do there as well. I'm referring to this view >>> If you go to the board you wish to change permissions on and goto board settings > General you should see something like this:

Agile_Board_-_JIRA.png

If you click the Edit Filter Shares you should get a screen that looks something like this...

Edit_Current_Filter_-_JIRA.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2017

BTW....if you are not the owner of the board you may need to change so that you are.

Yessss

It was the ownership issue - I've only changed the owner of filter associated with board and after that I see "Edit Filter Shares". So I've clicked on it and changed permissions to group instead of "Shared with everyone"

Thank you so much, Jack!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2017

glad to help. please accept the answer by click the check mark. it helps others find answers.

Hung Nguyen July 17, 2019

Hi Jack,

On this same Edit Filter Shares, when I share the Edit with Project Roles within a specific Project, the list Project Roles presented to me is just Developers and Administrators or All. I had other project roles as well, such as Scrum Master, Testers, but they do not show up here in the list. Do you know why?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer