Access KanBan via an API

Steven Hawkes January 2, 2013
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to control a Kanban board via a Greenhopper specific or Jira Rest API? I had a look at the Jira Rest API but could not see anything relating to Kanban boards TIA

3 answers

0 votes
sudheerkb August 11, 2016

Hi Steven,

Were you able to achieve this?

I am also looking for the greenhopper api to get all issues from the kanban board.

Could you please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Sudheer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

GreenHopper has a lot of rest API which you can find at https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/restbrowser#/com-pyxis-greenhopper-jira-greenhopper-rest-filter

The best way to identify the REST methods is to keep the Chrome developer pane open, do the operation manually once in GreenHopper and see which REST call is being done. You can replicate the same REST call in your app.

Steven Hawkes January 3, 2013
Thanks for the solution. I will give it a try
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2013

What do you mean by "control" the board? What do you want to do to it?

Steven Hawkes January 2, 2013
Hi I would like to do operations like the following. 1. Retreive the kanban columns max / min values per column and the status assignments per column 2 Load all issues in a Kanban column. 3. Get a list of all columns on a specific kanboard board 4. get a list of swimlanes on a kanban board 5. Get a list of issues in each swimlane 6. Move the issues across the board via the api. (this probably easy if the status,s are known)

Suggest an answer