About customer service information

Gürkan Toprakçı May 20, 2022

Hello there,

I have a question about jira, I dont know which jira product can do these things I tried to find a contact at jira to ask so I think maybe this forum could help.

My question is:

I have a shared mailbox and when a customer open a ticket from my website it is going to directly to that mailbox and jira is opening a ticket about it my problem is starting after this point. I want to send a mail back to customer too about your ticket opened with this ID number, and also want to send some more mail after it like this personel has take your ticket and solving, and even after issue done when ticket closed send another mail your issue has been solved by this person with this message... 

Also I want to get reports about opened solved tickets who is handling with which problem and also in some period I want to get auto report about opened tickets closed tickets people with that much tickets... But I coulndt find a place to ask or like this product if anyone can correctly direct me to correct point or directly help me will be very glad. Thank your for assistance.

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi Gürkan,

That functionality comes built in with Jira Service Management if you want to give that product a try. It will cost a little more. 

Or you can create an Automation Rule to send the email when the issue is created. You can learn more about Automation here:

There are two types of automation:

• Global: In the Free version, you get 100 executions per product, per month
  • Project: In all versions, you get unlimited executions per month

Automation Basics: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation

You can do this via global rules to apply to all projects also. You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, go to Jira Settings > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).

For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.

Jira Automation Template Library to help get you started quickly:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/labels/all/customLabelId/1453

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events