Ability to catch "issue moved" event

Paweł Jakimiak April 8, 2021

Hello,

I'm looking for way to catch "issue moved" event in Jira Cloud and send him by webhook.

It's possible? From my research results that no, but maybe someone have a workaround for this?

Regards

2 answers

0 votes
Paweł Jakimiak April 12, 2021

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Bill Sheboy , your answers are helpful.

I asked about Jira Cloud, but in Jira Server we have a similar way to catch this event?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Yes, again, listeners and automation can both pick up the event.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Yep.  There are some apps which can provide listeners to catch events and fire off webhooks, but you can do the basics with automation too.

If you go to Admin -> Automation (or project settings -> Automation), and add a new rule, you should find a trigger called "when issue moved", and an action of "send web request" with parameters for the call, content and type.  Those two combined should do what you need.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Paweł Jakimiak 

Yes, and... to what Nic suggests regarding use of the issue moved trigger for Automation for Jira...

There are some open defects with that trigger, so take a look in case any of these impact your use case implementation:

Best regards,

Bill

Like Sergey Kislitsyn likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders