Ability to Include Swim Lane in Software Filter Export

Jason Spellman May 15, 2023

Is there a method to include the swim lane for a filter export for a software project? I believe this would be very beneficial for reporting. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hello @Jason Spellman 

Can you clarify what you mean by "swimlane"? Perhaps provide some screen images to illustrate your example.

A Swimlane is a setting in an agile board, not in a project. I am unclear how you would anticipate that being included in the exported results of a filter.

Yes with in an agile project, if they are assigned to a swimlane I am wanting to capture the issues associated with each swim lane. So if Swim Lane named Selected for Development and I had 4 issues in that lane I want to be able to export the issues that show the Selected for Development swim lane. 

Like John_Alvin likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Thank you for that additional information. I think I may still not be understanding your request. If you could provide a screen image that shows an example of your swimlane that would be helpful.

"Selected for Development" sounds like an issue status to me, which would be displayed in a column (vertical grouping) rather than a swimlane (horizontal grouping) on a board. I'd like to make sure we're talking about the same type of grouping so I don't provide a misleading answer.

stat.PNG

When exported I want to see the issues associated with each and labeled accordingly. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2023

Thank you, that clears it up.

The definition of Swimlanes is a per board setting, not a project setting.

In your board, how have you configured the Swimlanes?

Also, are you working with a Company Managed or a Team Managed project? That information will display in at the bottom of the panel that displays on the left.

Jason Spellman May 17, 2023

Company Managed Project. I want the swim lanes to appear with the work that is associated with them. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2023

In your board how have you defined the swimlanes?

What is shown under Board Settings > Swimlanes?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events