ALL issues from past & closed sprints have lost the sprint connection

Michael Mitschke August 24, 2022

I have a very odd problem.

All of a sudden (typical:-/) all issues which where assigned with older sprints lost their assigned sprints! Therefore the Backlog is showing Issues which have been done a year ago and so on. Not to mention that the backlog now became huge (~1000 issues are shown)

My current research showes the following:
- The logs / history from those issues don't show anything besides the normal changes which happened to them while beeing worked on.
- ONLY the issues of the past sprints are affected
- The issues have NOT lost their done state
- The sprint reports are still showing the proper data (due to those reports I can also access the issues).

Does anyone can tell 
- what happened??
- and of course more important: how to fix this?

Best
Michael

(As of now I have a quick filter installed to filter out all issues marked as done so that the team is able to work.)

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Jira records changes to the sprint field, which contains a list of all sprints an issue has been in.

Pick one of the issues that is now missing a sprint and read the history tab - you should see who and when they were removed from the sprint(s)

Hey Nic,

As I wrote: unfortunately the logs/histories dont show any such activities.

It starts to look like some kind if database problem ??
Is there a way to report a bug to atlassian?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hmm.  If there's no history of sprint changes in the issue history, then that implies they were never in a sprint in the first place.

Even if you delete old sprints, that doesn't change the entries in the history, let alone delete them.

The only way to delete from the history of issues is to write scripts or hack the database (both of them only possible on server)

If this is truly a Cloud install as you've flagged, then this needs to go to Atlassian to look into.

Michael Mitschke August 25, 2022

it needs to - I am just on my way to open up an official bug.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

hi @Michael Mitschke , welcome to the community.

I recommend checking to things. First ensure that done issues have the resolution Field set. If not then that could explain why they show up in the backlog. Second I recommend checking the filter that defines your board. This can be found under the backlog board settings General. Feel free to share your bored filter here if nothing is obviously wrong.

Thanks Jack for replying

to your first advice:
That is checked (nothing has been touched there and "done" is set as a resolution)

The Filter is (and is also untouched) (cencored the project name)
project = <<projectname>> ORDER BY Rank ASC

The statement is still the same as before this error... But I do wonder... even if I now would change that to filter out "done" items... that does not explain why all the issues have no sprint allocated anymore -no?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events