A way to sort and/or truncate the list of sprints available within a story

Diane Reid August 22, 2022

Hi community! Question for you guys. We are using JIRA Align together with JIRA Cloud - we practice SAFe and have pre-populated JA with sprints for the next two PIs. An issue that our teams are facing is that when they go into a story to assign it to a sprint, the list of available sprints go so far out - even if you filter for only the sprints in that particular project it truncates at ten and sorts descending so you have to manually type in the team name + sprint to find the one you want (which is most often the next or current sprint).

In the screenshot attached for example, we are currently executing on PI 12 but when team members go to assign a story to a 12.X sprint, they can't even see PI 12 sprints b/c they are buried beneath future sprints. Does anyone know of a way to apply better sorting and/or allow the list to scroll indefinitely (it currently truncates at 10 in descending order)?

We could of course just not publish so far out in JA but some teams like this so they can load features to future PIs. 

Many thanks! diane

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2022

Hello @Diane Reid

Thank you for reaching out.

By default, the Sprint field sorts the Sprints by creation date (Ascendent order), and I must confess that I never saw the behavior you are facing where the Sprint "The Seven 14.6" would be displayed before "The Seven 12.X".

Can you confirm that the Sprint you are looking for (12.X) was created before 14.6? Is the sprint "The Seven 12.X" displayed before than "The Seven 14.6" in the Sprint view of your board?

Additionally, I found a known behavior that might hide a few issues from the sprint field:

Sprint picker won't suggest all the future Sprint names in issue screen 

Please, take a look at the link above and check if the mentioned scenarios apply to you. If that's not the case, can you please clear the sprint field for any of your issues and check if the problem reproduces again?

Thanks!

Diane Reid August 24, 2022

Hi Petter,

Thank you so much for the reply! We thought that bc we had our JIRA Align instance populated so far out with sprints that this was the cause but perhaps there is some sorting or other config issue causing the odd behavior. I'll discuss more with the team tomorrow - thanks again!

diane

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events