A scrumban project

Elisabet Griera December 15, 2022

Hi, we are working on a scrumban project, using a Kanban board but organizaing our deliveries by sprints. We have created a project but we can't start sprints, so I imagine that was created in the past as a Kanban project. My doubt is: if I want to start using sprint, do I have to create a new Scrum board and assign it with the existing project? How it's going to change the visualization? We don't want to loose the information. Can we make a roll-back if we don't like it? Many thanks in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Elisabet Griera welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Depending on your definition of scrumban:

• If you want to use sprints, you need to create a Scrum Board
  • If you want to use a backlog on a Kanban Board, you can just enable it.

You can create both a Kanban and a Scrum Board for your project. Nothing will break and you can decide which suits best.

Many thanks @Dave Mathijs :)

Like # people like this
3 votes
Answer accepted
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hey, If you want to start using sprints - yes you do need a scrum board, but you can create it on the same basis as existing Kanban project

You can do it by going to search > see all boards > create a new board

Choose Scrum board and then choose either create from existing project  and choose from existing filter and choose the same filter you use for your kanban board. Then choose for the board to be visible in a project you want it to be in :) [ It will only allow to show it in Scrum projects - but the important thing is the issues are the same

Thanks a lot @Marta Wozniak-Semeniuk for your details :-)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events